You and the family are already coming up with suggestions for next year’s annual holiday and if Thailand has yet to be mentioned, there are many good reasons to make Phuket your choice. Technically an Island, Phuket was once a quiet coastal town where fishing was the main source of income for the locals, yet a lot has changed since the 1970s, making Phuket one of the premium destinations.
If you are yet to be convinced, here are a few compelling reasons to visit the tropical paradise of Phuket.
- Designed for tourism – Phuket has developed as a tourist resort over the past few decades, when the first water park in Phuket opened, development took off and as far as accommodation goes, you have choices; hotels, resorts, condos or beach villas. The Andaman Sea awaits with yacht charter and group tours to uninhabited islands, plus you can learn to scuba dive in Phuket.
- Family oriented – Book a stay at one of the family-friendly resorts and you have nothing to worry about; they have so many cool things for kids of all ages, plus there are child-minding services if you want some private time. Your kids will be happy never to leave the grounds of the resort, so they won’t get bored. There are resorts for young singles, mature adults and families; Google can help you find the best holiday accommodation in Phuket.
- International airport – You no longer have to fly to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok and take a short flight to Phuket, as Phuket now has an international airport, so you can fly direct. This is a big thing for a young family, as it eliminates an entire chapter of travelling, which is less stressful. Check flight details online and see which airlines fly directly to Phuket.
- Andaman Sea – The Andaman Sea is known as the jewel of Southeast Asia and staying in Phuket offers you daily tours to various local attractions; snorkelling with bottle-nose dolphins and swimming with huge manta rays and who knows? You might even see a whale shark, as they love to bask over the reefs and are harmless to humans.
- Xmas & New Year – The best time to leave the freezing UK weather, Christmas and New Year are busy so you should book early to avoid disappointment. High seasons do mean higher prices, although a family-friendly resort would be all-inclusive, which saves you a lot.
One thing is for sure, you will be returning to Thailand, almost everyone does; we hope you have an amazing holiday in sunny Phuket.